Photo Editing Guidelines
You should ensure that your photos are:
- properly cropped and straitened (if required)
- nicely composed, in focus and exposed properly
- of high quality
- edited using at least basic adjustments such as saturation, contrast, brightness etc. Do not overedit your photo in order to keep a natural look
- free from any border, watermark or text
For any image, the width should be at least 1200px or a maximum dimension of 5,000 pixels on the longest side and a maximum size of 5Mb.
Other recommended settings:
- Type: JPEG format (JPG)
- Quality: 86
- Color subsampling: High
- Photometric: YCbCr
- Progressive: On
Consider using the free software FastStone Image Viewer (for PC) to easily downsize your images. The above settings can be easily set when saving your image with this freeware. You may also consider using the "batch process" option if you have a lot of photos.
All your photos will be automatically credited to you i.e. your name will be automatically included next to it. Also, to provide the visitors a better experience, please avoid signatures. Small sized signatures are however tolerated. Photos containing large signatures will not be validated.
Proper Title - The title should be descriptive 4-8 words with (if applicable) the location. Bad example “Sunset in Flic en Flac”. The title is of utmost important for Google so the page can be indexed correctly (SEO purpose). Having a descriptive Title helps the photo to stand out and more importantly tells Google what your photo is about.
Proper description – Take some time describe your photo. Look at what is in the picture and describe it. What is it all about? Are there people doing something? Any reflection happening? The history of the place? Anything particular with the colors? The weather that day? The history behind you making this shot?
Tags – Look at Tags as categories. In what category should your photo lie?
- Do not upload photos if you do not own the rights.
- Do not copy-paste contents from other websites for example in description section. This is known as plagiarism and your photos may not be approved.
If you don’t include the above information, we may however reject the photo or in some case add the missing information but the later will delay its validation.